Wednesday 22 September 2010

What I hate about Business Networking!


This is the name of the post I encountered on the internet today. It certainly caught my eye and I suppose has done the same for you otherwise you would not be here. Actually a better title would be "How Good Manners Make Business Networking Worthwhile."

The author transformed his business networking experience by doing something that I always do whenever I meet anyone anywhere and collect a business card. The same day, or as soon as possible, I send each person a quick e-mail along the lines of:

Dear....... It was really nice to meet you at........... today, It would be nice to find out more about your business. I hope that we get a chance to talk again soon.

I usually try to add some reference to the conversation we had, such "good luck with.... "or even a topic of personal interest "Let's hope Portsmouth don't get relegated again .. ". It takes five minutes and builds a sense of "Know Like and Trust." Simple but effective, and it won't be chore if you are genuinely interested in people. Here's the link.


No comments:

Post a Comment